Security is our biggest priority
RapidScale delivers nothing but the highest quality protection for your data and information. We've equiped ourselves with the best in breed data centers to hold your sensitive information for safe, encrypted storage.
Data Centers: SAS70, SSAE 16 Tier 4, Class 1
On premise security guards, exterior security system, biometric system, including palm scanners and numerous security scanners with digital recorders.
All cages secured and locked
Colo hybrid customer only allowed with RapidScale employee
Transport/Access: Cisco Routers & Firewalls with encryption- 256k
Infrastructure: IaaS Enterprise Virtual Firewall or customer owned device
Storage: NetApp Encryption- all data encrypted in flight and at rest. All SANS have SED's (Self Encrypting Drives)
CloudOffice: End-user password strength/resets
Our data centers are engineered to the highest of standards in order to assure your business is running 24/7/365.
- Every data center's HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) system is N+1 redundant. This ensures that a duplicate system immediately comes online should there be an HVAC system failure.
- Every 90 seconds, all the air in our data centers are circulated and filtered to remove dust and contaminants.
- Our advanced fire suppression systems are designed to stop fires from spreading in the unlikely event one should occur.
- Keycard protocols, biometric scanning protocols and round-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance monitor access to every one of our data centers.
- Only authorized data center personnel are granted access credentials to our data centers. No one else can enter the production area of the datacenter without prior clearance and an appropriate escort.
- Every data center employee undergoes multiple and thorough background security checks before they're hired.
- Should a total utility power outage ever occur, all of our data centers' power systems are designed to run uninterrupted, with every server receiving conditioned UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) power.
- Our UPS power subsystem is N+1 redundant, with instantaneous failover if the primary UPS fails.
- If an extended utility power outage occurs, our routinely tested, on-site diesel generators can run indefinitely.
- Only fully redundant, enterprise-class routing equipment is used in RapidScale data centers.
- Fiber carriers enter our data centers at disparate points to guard against service failure.
- We require that the networking and security teams working in our data centers be certified. We also require that they be thoroughly experienced in managing and monitoring enterprise level networks.
- Our Certified Network Experts are trained to the highest industry standards.
- Our network leverages Savvis now Centurylinks global network IT infrastructure, which is one of the nations largest carrier service infrastructures. Our datacenters feature full redundancy and best-of-breed solutions from leading enterprise technology companies, including Cisco, Citrix, HP, Microsoft, NetApp, and VMwar.
- Our knowledgeable technicians and security teams are certified and trained to the highest industry standards, and thoroughly experienced in managing and monitoring enterprise-class networks.