Level 2 Engineer (Tampa/Citrus County)
RapidScale is a fast growing cloud-computing company focused on delivering leading edge solutions to our customers worldwide. We are looking for an engineer to join our team to contribute to our growth! This position will need to have a “go-getter” attitude and be able to work in a rapidly changing and expanding environment.
Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain multiple infrastructure environments (Cisco, F5, NetApp, and VMware)
- Maintain multiple customer environments (Citrix XenApp 6.5/XenDesktop, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Microsoft SQL 2008/2012)
- Provision new customers and provide on boarding assistance
- Work with helpdesk on escalated tickets
- Create documentation for helpdesk to use to remediate issues on first call
Other Minimum Qualifications:
The Level 2 Support Technician is responsible for providing end user support in a diverse environment of remote and in-house users on a combination of desktops and VDI environments, finding solutions to user issues and working with the users via the phone and remote support tools, or in person, to resolve issues. Level 2 Support also assists in engineering desktop solutions, deploying and recovering equipment, updating systems and software packages, and improving their internal IT processes.
The position is very customer centric, representing the face and voice of the IT Department. Therefore the position requires the highest level of customer service skills, both in person and on the phone. Documentation of solutions for internal use and distribution, as well as complete and thorough documentation of issue resolution are critical.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to desktop systems and user IT problems.
- Provide phone support to end user to resolve desktop, application and mobile device issues.
- Deploy and recover Hardware systems, including desktops and mobile devices.
- Document issue resolutions in Ticket system.
- Verify issue resolutions with end users.
- Work with Systems and Network Engineering teams to resolve issues and update solutions.
- Create and deploy software packages with management tools.
- Communicate with team mates, end users and management regarding issues.
- Contribute to ongoing process and procedure improvements.
- Work within IT Department on various projects.
- Complete projects in a timely manner.
- Present a professional image to end users
- Experience in Citrix environments, including XenApp and XenDesktop
- Experience with Group Policies
- Experience in Windows 7 Desktop environment
- Experience with Exchange 2010
- Remote support and Help Desk Experience
- Strong desire to help end users
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong grammatical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Experience in financial or healthcare industry a plus
Fast paced, positive, high energy environment. Can have high levels of stress due to deadlines and necessity of quick response times.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org
More positions to open soon...
If you think you have what it takes to become a part of the fastest growing industry in technology, please contact us here for any available opportunities.